Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Title

With more to come down the road. I felt it was time to change the title of this blog to something more inspirational to me, so I picked Driven as that is how I've been feeling lately. Driven to get up off my ass (most of the time, anyway) and do the things I want to do, research the crazy projects I have on my list to accomplish, and get out there and do more.

For starters, I think I will sign up for the Princess Half Marathon by the end of the month. Still interested, Jess? Megs? Could be lots of fun chicas! P.S. Once I sign up I am sooo looking for my cute little tiara to wear on race day. Oh yeah, I'm going all out on this baby. Do you think a tutu is a bit too much? Pink and poofy one?

I also really want to sign up for a quilting or crochet class. My mother is domestic woman extraordinaire and can do freaking anything from create wedding cakes to sewing to working on farm equipment to being a college nerd and I want to follow in her footsteps. However, after doing some research, I have come to realize how crazy expensive these classes are. I think a looked up two of them in my area and they were over $100 per class, not including your supplies! Maybe my mom can give me some phone/email lessons.

I still want to do my trapeze class this year, too. I've just been waiting for the weather to cool down a bit. If not this year, then early next year for this one.

There are a few more things I'm looking forward to this year but I'm still sorting them out. It's time to be real productive and finish the year off with a bang!

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

My mom can teach you how to knit and crochet. We could have a stitch and bitch party some night!

P.S. My mom makes me feel very lame in the craftiness department too with her beading, sewing, quilting, painting and the aforementioned knitting and crocheting!

Jess said...

I'm in! Well, I'd better check with Jerry first and make sure he's okay with me being gone over night then, but barring his disapproval, I'm in for the Princess half! Woo-hoo!!!

Crystal said...

A stitch and bitch party might be a good idea!

Jess-Butter Jer-Bear up really good so we can go have some running fun!