Sunday, December 6, 2009

Still Here...

Just been busy. So, where are we at:

  • Brian ventured out to the stores at 3:45am on Black Friday and got us a new computer and a new tv for the bedroom.
  • The tv was a lemon and was returned for a new one. Success!
  • The computer was a friggin lemon and after a ridiculous number of hours trying to diagnose the problem, talking to tech support (idiots) and fighting w/Best Buy, the computer was returned (with many swear words following in its wake) and the old computer continued its reign for our tech world.
  • I ran about 20 miles in the last week and feel pretty good about it, although I'm wondering if I may have a shoe problem as my toenail seems to be separating on one foot, causing me to get annoyed and stressed out about how to prevent its inevitable departure. Not running is not an option anymore!
  • All Christmas decorations are up both inside and outside the house. Looks freaking great!
  • I baked cookies and bars yesterday and then began eating them in earnest. Kinda feeling like a blimp right now-no wonder I rarely bake.
  • After a week of hating Best Buy, we headed back and purchased a new computer, which I am happy to say is working wonderfully. Now, I just have to get my stuff to transfer from one computer to another and I will be a happy camper.
  • Now, I am just getting ready for this upcoming week: getting computers switched out, upcoming birthday, registration, cleaning house and preparing for Christmas party. And lets not forget running!!
On that note, I shall depart and enjoy the rest of my Sunday night...after I finish my chores, that is.

9 comments:

Cammy said...

Oh no! I'm sorry about your toe!

I'm putting off baking, but I'm going to have to eventually get it done. For one thing, the ingredients are taking up lots of space. :)

Do you mind if I ask if you bought your new computer today? BB has an HP on sale this week that looks pretty good.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry about the computer hassel - that stinks. I'm still in the computer transfer phase - it's taking forever since the old computer is a bit frigged up with a virus... I'll be happy when it's over!

Erin said...

We should talk. Both my parents and I no longer purchase items from Best Buy unless absolutely necessary. They have crap for products and crap for customer service. I think the only thing I have purchased from there in 10 years totaled no more than the cost for a DVD. Ryan on the other hand is more willing to make purchases from them.

Jess said...

I've read about the Black Firday electronics and how stores basically sell the cheapest, worst models that day. And it's kind of a case of getting what you pay for. At least both were able to be returned.

As for the toenail, if it's black and dead, it's a goner; there's no salvation, but don't worry. To lose a toenail is a running badge of honor. The reason for its loss may be your shoes, but it may also just be the size of your shoes. You buy at least a half size bigger, right? Some people have to go a full size bigger.

It can also simply be because of your increase in mileage. Although, it usually takes much higher mileage to blacken a toenail, but you never know.

Crystal said...

Hey Cammy-yep we did buy the new computer today and it's an HP (i love HP-my other computer is an HP and has lasted a good 10 yrs)!!

Jess-buy bigger huh? didn't know i should be doing that. Good to know for the next pair!

MN Mom said...

I hate fighting crowds for those great buys that turn out to be crap! I just won't do it anymore, too old and a bit wiser, I'd like to think. That and the fact that I don't need anything that bad at this stage of my life.
I have barely shopped at all...I love internet ship to bill to!

Crystal said...

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of black friday shopping but the computer was about $1200 and he got it for $550-hard to pass up that buy-too bad the damn thing didn't work!!

I think everyone should experience this at least once in their lives-as for me, been there, done that.

JavaChick said...

The toe nail thing does not sound fun, but it does sound like you are loving running these days, so that's good. Glad the new TV & computer worked out eventually. :)

Sagan said...

Mmmm baking.

Hope your toenail gets better :(