Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What's Your Motivation

So, since the Princess race is a mere 3 months away, my bff/running mate (who is flying down from Minnesota for this run-yay!) and I have been trying to motivate eachother with some quotes. We've come up with a few we like:

Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, "are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?"

If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough.

I see you. Sweating. Breathing hard. Head down. Shoulder into it. How your clothes fit. How the crowds part. I don't have to meet you. Just want to be like you.

Run every race like it's suicide and it's a perfect day to die.

It's as simple as left, right, left, right, repeat

And a favorite so far....

There is nothing to be intimidated about - it's just another long run where a few more people show up and they all happen to wear numbers.

5 comments:

MN Mom said...

They are cute and all remind me why I never ran.

Jess said...

Those are all good! My personal mantra is lifted from "Finding Nemo": "Just keep running, Just keep running."

Crystal said...

The Finding Nemo one is great, too but since I swim, I have to save it for my swimming jaunts.

Sagan said...

Keep at it!

onelittletrigirl said...

I really like the last quote!!!