Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Love Saturdays

Aren't Saturdays divine? Knowing you aren't at work now and don't have to be back tomorrow either makes Saturdays the best friggin day of the week. Plus, working for a banking corporation means I get a bonus day off on Monday for President's Day. Hell yeah!!

To start the day off, I got up just before 7am and finished cramming for my test before taking it around 9am. Done with that. The only homework I have left for this weekend is a literature review article on college drinking. Yeah, not really sweating too much over that puppy. Maybe I should have a cocktail while writing it to really enhance my literary skills.

The laundry is almost finished. The house has been straightened up and the floors cleaned. A late lunch of scrumptious tator tot hotdish is cooking in the oven...the yummy smell wafting throughout the house on this chilly afternoon. Chilly days like this are greatly appreciated when you live in a sweaty state like Florida. Did anyone see The Office on Thursday...where Michael referred to Florida as a colorful, unlawful swamp? I laughed my ass off on that one.

As for this afternoon/evening, I really want to get out there for a run. I'd like to do at least 4 miles today and save my big run for tomorrow or Monday. I am also thinking of heading to Running Depot this weekend and getting a new pair of kicks cuz I do think my current pair have reached their running limits.

Overall, not a super exciting day but one jam-packed with mini activities to keep me out of trouble. For now...

4 comments:

Jess said...

Runner's Depot is a great running store! But kinda far from you guys. There's another running store on Royal Palm (can't remember the name), but it's near the intersection on Pine Island, next to the Cold Stone in that Publix plaza. It's a small store, but they have some good running stuff there as well.

Crystal said...

Not far at all. There's actually a Runner's Depot right here in Coral Springs, less than a mile from me! I went there yesterday and the guy was so helpful. Now I'm ready to run.

Sagan said...

Tater tot hotdish? That sounds yummy. I like days off when we can putter around the house!

Jess said...

I didn't know they opened one in CS! Awesome. That's way closer than the Davie store!