Monday, March 15, 2010

Easy 4

After taking a week off from running, cuz I can, I decided to lace up the sneakers and head out for a nice 4 mile run. The weather has been perfect these last three days so it was absolutely gorgeous out there this evening, and the bonus was, of course, it still being light outside when I headed out. I did my 4 miles easily enough, although that wind was a bit rough heading towards home but I will take that over the freaking humidity that is to come real soon.

I was thinking how easy it would be to push the running to the wayside since I have no race to continue working towards. I was even contemplating signing up for the Chicago Rock n Roll Half, but it's on August 1st....in Chicago. Um, hello, it's hot in Chicago in August-I know, I lived there! Also, my bff is getting married the following month so that sounds like one too many plane tickets for this household. Unless they are super cheap....

So, I think I will keep shopping around for a race to sign up for cuz I think I need that long-term goal to keep pushing myself. Otherwise, these short runs will be all that I force myself to do out there. After all, floating in the pool is always going to win over running when summer hits.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Darn blogger...attempt number 2. Too bad it's not the following weekend (I will be up there Wed-Sat for work).

Sagan said...

run run swim run swim... sounds like fun :)

Jess said...

Yeah, it sucks that this time of year, races basically dry up in FL, but for good reason: It's dang hot!