Sunday, May 30, 2010

Manual Labor

Yesterday was a nice hot and sweaty day. So what were Brian and I doing on this gloriously hot day? Floating in the pool? Of course not! How silly! We were doing some manual labor in the yard.  We've slowly been getting things spruced up around here for the last couple of weeks.  Yesterday, we trimmed all the bushes, replanted our ridiculously huge palm tree by the pool into its last big pot.  If it grows out of this one, we are so screwed cuz Home Depot does not sell anything bigger and I refuse to pay for $50 for a pot.  He pressure-washed the entire patio and all furniture, the front steps, sidewalk and driveway while I did some household chores and then we started re-mulching everything in the front yard. Now we just have the backyard to finish, the bushes in front and fertilizing, buy another couple plants for the front yard and that should be done.  Next will be to repaint the doors and our part will be done.

Hopefully we can sneak in more pool time today cuz it looks like it's going to be another beautiful day.  Enjoy everyone!

4 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

I hope you get some time to relax. Don't waste your 3 day weekend all on chores - they are much too precious! Or so I remember from my working days. :)

Crystal said...

I have been getting in some great pool time as well so it's not only work-thank goodness!

Sagan said...

I really like doing yard work. But that might also be because I don't have a yard anymore, so if I'm "doing yardwork", it's just helping a friend out for a day or two, and then I can wipe my hands clean. Tehe.

Hope you've been able to enjoy the pool!

Erin said...

Sounds like all that practice on your yard can be applied to mine! We have to finish the inside before I start tackling all that landscaping. I was kinda hoping I could limp it along until it cools down but waiting until December is too long.