Monday, July 12, 2010

Sweaty Mess

After having a great, relaxing weekend spent mostly floating on my raft in the pool, I decided to head out for a little run this evening.  My original plan was to do 3 miles but, after seeing the skies light up with some flashy electricity, I decided to cut it a mile short and head home.

HA!

Who am I kidding?! It's friggin hot as hell out there..even at 9pm. Running in Florida summers can be described as putting on a full cotton track suit and cotton hat and then locking oneself in a wet sauna and running in place for a half hour or so.  Sound fun?  Cuz it's not.

The sucky thing is all the races in south florida are, of course, if the late fall/winter months.  Great! But to be fully prepared for this runs, I have to get my lazy butt out there and run in the outdoor sauna during the summer months.  Blech.

Alright, enough whining, I am going to take my sweaty self for a quick dip in the pool and then unwind for the evening. Maybe even do some more homework. I am loving this forensics class....for once I look forward to my homework!

Peace out homies!

2 comments:

Jess said...

FL's Jan, Feb, March races are the best to train for, but it's true: If you want to run a fall race, you have to put up with this ickiness! But, don't you have a gym membership? YOu could take the runs inside.

Crystal said...

Nope. I got rid of all my memberships since I wasn't using them on a regular basis. I thought about joining LA fitness again for the summer months, but I have a feeling I won't stick with it after a couple months.