Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cupcakes are not the Answer

I've been waiting patiently for my bridesmaid dress and it finally arrived yesterday. Now that it's here, I feel this is when I need to start getting serious about my workouts.  Yes, I agree that my workouts would have been much more beneficial months ago, well before the dress arrived but I am a procrastinator to the end so here we are.  Overall the dress fits quite nicely right now, maybe just needs to be shortened a bit (I am a whopping 5'2" after all) and brought in here and there but it's a pretty good fit.  What I really want to tone up are my arms and legs....and everything else but especially arms and legs.

So, to commerate this great moment, I did the scale/measurements routine this morning to start me off. Um, guess what?  If you want to lose weight, cupcakes, chips, iced coffee, etc. are not the answer.  The scale betrayed me, which is normal, but then my tape measure joined forces and I found myself completely annoyed with all my numbers.  And there is no one to blame but myself.  I have been playing the "start tomorrow" game for months now and, after about a dozen cupcake under my belt, I am now paying the consequences. 

It's time to get back to the gym, get back to running and try to eat a hell of a lot less sugar.  Although a life without red velvet cupcakes will be a wee bit gloomier in the beginning, I am sure I will survive.

5 comments:

Jess said...

That birthday cake with an inch of frosting yesterday probably didn't do any of us any favors ;)

Good luck with the new endeavor! When's the wedding?

Cammy said...

Yes, you can live without red velvet cupcakes. It's not as much fun, but it's not all gloom and doom either. :) Just remind yourself that there's wedding cake coming up in your future to get you through the withdrawals. :)

Crystal said...

The wedding is Sept 25th. I'd like to think I have till then to get all svelte but obviously one cannot alter the dress the day of the wedding. Unless I find a rent-a-seamstress in MN. She could do it while I get my hair done! Perfect.

Agate Lake Girl said...

My goal was to start working out when I got back to FL. Let's see, I've been here almost a week and I haven't started yet... not a good sign!

Crystal said...

What types of exercise do you like to do Shannon? I know you had mentioned water aerobics last year I think.