Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Second Half

I've been a running no-show for far too long lately. I decided the only way that was going to change was by signing up for another race. Well, I keep going back and forth with Disney. It's expensive, you have to get a hotel, food, driving, etc. although it is an awesome place to run a race I just can't decide if I really want to fork out that kind of money. Also, why not try a race a wee bit closer to home? One I can just drive to, run and head back home for a soak in the pool. So that's what I did.

Fort Lauderdale Half Marathon here I come!  It's in November so that gives me plenty of time to get my butt back in gear and start running again.  I went for a quick two miler last night and thought I was gonna die.  Oh, that and I hit a car. Yep, while running. Cuz that's how I roll.  No bumps or bruises, just a lot of swearing.

So now that I've signed up, I feel ready to lace up the shoes on a regular basis and start running for shiny objects again.  Can't wait! Just hope the humidity is gone by then.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Good for you! I think you'll like that race; the course is pretty scenic and you can't beat having it so close to home!

I ran it 2 years ago and at the start it was a cool 50 degrees. Glorious running weather!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Was the car moving or parked? I wasn't sure how fast you were running! :)

Crystal said...

Shannon-the car was originally moving. He was last in a group of 3 guys turning left. I started running across the road right after he turned and then he slammed on his brakes cuz the guys in front of him were clueless on where they were going. So, I ran into the back of his car. He apologized at least. I think it takes some talent to hit a car like that :)