Monday, August 9, 2010

Pool Time!

Yesterday I was a good girl and did a nice 3 mile run.  It had rained all day yesterday, so I was happy it finally stopped around 8pm or so and I could get out there. The humidity was so thick my shirt was damp just from the air, let alone my sweaty self! But totally worth it.

Today I finally got myself to the gym (yep, I know I joined a couple weeks ago, what of it?) for a 30 minute swim.  I got in a good 50 laps, with about 12 of them being arms only exercises.  Gotta get me some strongs for the strapless dress cuz flab plus strapless equals not so sexy.  I felt pretty good about those 50...ya know, didn't feel like I was gonna die, kept up a good pace, no stopping, all that good stuff.  Now, an hour and a half later, I am feelin it.  Every. Joint. Hurts. Every. Muscle. Hurts.  My. Hair. Hurts. (that last one could be chlorine effects).  But again, totally worth it. I feel better already and I just keep picturing myself in the dress to keep me motivated.

Good thing a put two copies of it on the fridge....and my phone.....

Alright, time for a beer and some stats. Don't be jealous now, it's loads of fun. Really. Well, after one more beer it will be.

3 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

My pool exercise consists of catching Rylee as she jumps in. But she weighs 26 pounds so I'm hoping its helping my strongs along too!

Crystal said...

That reminds me of my good old swim teaching days. When the kids would jump and I would catch...then it progressed to me treading water with 3 of them hanging on me. They were about 10 yrs old by then. Hard work but my legs were so strong back then!

Sagan said...

You know you've had a good workout when your hair hurts ;)