Sunday, September 19, 2010

Venue Shopping

Brian and I spent the day doing some wedding venue shopping and all I can say to that is...wow, what a reality check that was.  I never had any doubts that the wedding would be expensive but some of these venues are just friggin crazy!! $400 per night for a room? Yeah, no problem...I'm sure my family would love to pay for that (this would be one of the Keys locations).  We looked at four places yesterday: one was too small for the reception but had a beautiful beach; the second one in Hollywood (Crowne Plaza) we didn't even stop in cuz it looked crappy; the third was in Deerfield Beach and was really pretty but a little on the pricey side for rooms, not to mention the ceremony was not included in the deal and was kind of out in a public space.  Lastly was a place up in Jupiter Beach which we both really liked but, once again, a little on the expensive side; but at least this one included ceremony and reception. 

So, the Jupiter Beach one is in the "maybe" pile and we will just keep looking until we find what we really want.  Or win the lottery and do whatever we want...I'd be okay with that too :)

Other than that, I am trying to get motivated to do all my homework since Brian and I are heading up to MN for my BFF's wedding this weekend. Yay! That and the 50 other things I have to get done before we leave at 4am on Friday.  On that note, it's time to get to work!

P.S.  To my dear Vikings....you'd better pull your heads out of your asses and kick some Dolphin ass!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yeah, the Vikings are really sucking it up right now. Hope this turns around in the 2nd half.

Wedding planning does require a lot of shopping around, and it can be quite shocking to see the sticker price on some ideas.