Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ft Lauderdale Half??

Yeah, I'm thinking....not a chance.  I had signed up for the Ft. Lauderdale half marathon several months ago, thinking that would give me the motivation to keep running during the summer but, alas, with school and pool time, I did very little running.  Now the race is a mere 3 weeks away and I am in no condition to run 13.1 miles.

How do I know this? Cuz I went running this evening and was so happy to stop I could hardly stand it! Sweating, shin splints, the whole works. And my mileage? Just over 2 miles. Good friggin times kiddies. So, needless to say, I think I am going to sit this one out and maybe do one later this year or early next year.  There are plenty to chose from and, considering I am practically starting from scratch in my running abilities...yet again, I need lots more practice.  On that note, I am gonna park myself in front of the couch for some nice tv time....and meditate. Yeah, that's what I'll do :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

I know what you mean by having to throw in the towel on a race you had planned on. It sucks, but sometimes it is necessary.

Crystal said...

It sucks but after last night's sad attempt at running, I know there is no way I can be able to run over 13 miles. I guess I will just have to start training for the next one!

marmot said...

good luck on your race...

Sagan said...

Good for you for figuring that out. It's good to know your body!