Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rip Off

Well, after researching for the last few days on different personal trainers, I have come to conclusion that the whole personal trainer thing is a giant rip off. Unless your rich and then it doesn't matter.  $200 a month for 4 sessions? Umm, no.

So, I think I may just have to do this the old-fashioned way....using my own efforts to lose weight. What a crazy concept!  I have a gym membership, several exercise dvds of all types, a jump rope, hula hoop and a great pair of running shoes so there should be no excuses. So...I think I will try and map out some sort of plan and see what I can come up with for January.  Gonna take this one month at a time, I think, that way I don't get bored.

Here's to a happy new year to everyone!  Be safe and enjoy a little bubbly tomorrow :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

I will commit to being a walking partner one night a week. Not as intense as you wanted but it's something...

Agate Lake Girl said...

Personal trainers and personal chefs - neither are in my future - darn!

P.S. Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

I feel the same way about personal trainers.

PS. Check out my giveaway!

Crystal said...

Happy New Year ladies!

Yeah Shannon, I think I am in the same boat as you...guess we have to do it ourselves :) I think I just need to stop being lazy and do it myself. Once I come up with a routine it will probably be fine.

Erin, I am up for a weekly power walk. We will have to schedule something :)

Jess said...

I actually have an article I use in one of my classes that talks about how personal trainers don't actually help people commit to either exercise or weight loss. Studies show that unless you can afford to hire one for, well, the rest of your life, they don't actually help you.

Cammy said...

I'm one of those who benefited greatly by meeting with a trainer. They taught me how to exercise properly and efficiently, and now I feel confident handling it myself. I've been 'on my own' for a couple of years and am still going strong! :)

One option we have available with *some* trainers here in Memphis is shared sessions, in which you split the cost with 1 or 2 more people and the trainer works with all of you at the same time. I never did it, but it's definitely something I would consider now.