Friday, January 28, 2011

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words...

So, as an attempt to get myself back in the saddle with this whole let's lose weight for the wedding thing, I decided to take some "before" photos to really capture my progress.  I already do my weight and measurements so I decided this would be a nice bonus to it. 

Um...yeah. If I wasn't motivated before, I sure am now!  I've got a lot of work to do but it will be totally worth it in the end.  So, starting tomorrow (as tonight is reserved for fun) I will be working the "Crystal will not look like a Snowball cupcake in her wedding dress" weight loss plan.  I know it can be done cuz I've been at my goal weight before...many years ago.  It just takes dedication and planning and I know I can get there.  I think dress shopping next week will solidify the motivation, too.

So, that is the plan.  The ankle still hurts a bit but I can work with it just fine if I wrap it for a few days. It's go time!!

As for tonight, it's time for wine and girls' night!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I need to buckle down. Despite my working out, the scale is either stayin the same or slowly moving upwards!

Jess said...

Pictures can be motivating...but also deceiving. I think "strong and healthy" come in lots of sizes and shapes, so I don't think a picture tells an entire story. Plus, as I've said before, brides are always beautiful!

But that being said, I always support someone's endeavor to find a greater level of health and happiness, so best of luck in your quest!

Crystal said...

Don't worry Jess, the pics are merely another advantage point to work with in my progress. As an instructor at Curves years ago, we did weight, measurements and pics so clients could see their results in several different ways, that way they are not focusing on one aspect, such as the number on the scale.

The goal is not skinny, as I have never believed that skinny means healthy, at least not with respect to myself. I think muscle is way sexier than being rail thin and I am aiming for that angle. The wedding is a nice goal to push myself a little harder towards that goal.