Wednesday, February 9, 2011

6 Month Challenge

I've decided to enact a little 6 month challenge to lose some weight, get in shape, and try some new things.  One reason could be the upcoming nuptials...or encouraging a friend to get healthy again....or just because I like challenges and I want to reach my goal weight once and for all.  Whatever the reason may be, I am going to take the next 6 months (starting tomorrow) to exercise, eat more healthy meals for at least 5 days of the week, try new exercises, and really work on increasing my strength and endurance with respect to running.

Even though it is a long 6 month challenge, I am going to think of it in monthly increments.  So, tomorrow begins the first month's goals. My goals for this month are as follows:

1.  Work on my running i.e. speed and endurance. Having taken several months off, I am very slow again and do not have much endurance, although this ankle injury is some of the problem.

2.  Work on flexibility.  I have always been relatively flexible.  Splits are not a problem, for instance.  However, I have noticed a decrease in my flexibility over the past few years since I do not focus on it nearly as much as I used to in the past.  Time to increase that again.

3.  Try a bootcamp class.

4.  Eat healthy meals 5 days of the week.

5.  Start jumping rope.  This used to be so easy as a child and now it's a pain in the arse!

So, that about sums up the first month's goals.  I think it's pretty doable if I stick to it.  Yes, there will be tough days and I'm sure obstacles will arise now and then, but the overall goal of my 6 month challenge is to lose the rest of this stubborn weight, be more flexible, stronger and healthier overall.

~The wedding is a definite motivator as well!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good luck with this month's goals!