Monday, February 7, 2011

Where Did the Weekend Go?

That was one of the fastest-moving weekends I have had in a long time. At least it was a pretty good one overall, which usually explains time flying by so quickly.  Last week, I managed to get in 6 days of exercise, ranging from hula hooping, weights, running and yoga.  It felt good to get back into the swing of things and burn some calories so I hope this week can be just as successful as last week was, especially considering all the junk food I consumed yesterday.

To review the weekend quickly...

Friday I had the morning off from work for an interview with a new company.  Although it's not a law firm, I would be a paralegal with their company covering all legal and compliance issues under the direction of a few attorneys. It sounded like a promising job prospect, albeit a little boring at times, but I will wait and see what they have to offer before making any decisions.  They are still in the interview process so we shall see what happens.  In the evening, Brian and I just relaxed and watched The Departed as I knew Saturday was going to be a busy day.

Which it was....a couple of my good friends and I went shopping for wedding dresses.  It was such a blast hanging with both of them, there was champagne, pictures and lots of laughs.  The best part is I found my dress! Yay! One more thing off the list!  It's a beautiful gown that I was leery about trying on in the first place so it figures that the one I was most skeptical about turned out to be the winning dress.  Next up is finalizing the bridesmaids' dresses and then starting on the groomsmen.

Sunday morning/afternoon was spent cleaning and doing laundry.  I think I squeezed in some reading, too, but I don't think I retained too much of it so I may be rereading those few chapters.  Then we were off to a Superbowl party with friends whereby I stuffed myself full of junk food and guzzled some beer.  Diet starts tomorrow, right?

Overall it was a good weekend and this week has started off pretty well already.  Work day was relatively stress-free and this evening I plan to watch some shows and get in a quick run. Maybe I'll even take Wilson :)

3 comments:

Jess said...

The weekends always seem to fly by! Yours seems particularly busy.

Erin said...

Busy indeed! So excited to hear the wedding shopping was successful and fun. That's an excellent check mark on the list of things to do in preparation for the wedding :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats on finding the perfect dress. Once that is out of the way, the rest of the decisions get easier. :)