Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 Day Challenge

My motivation is still hanging around, so to entice it to stay for awhile, I've decided to give myself a 30 day exercise challenge.  Basically, I want to do some type of exercise for at least 45 minutes a day every day for the next 30 days.  No, this does not mean lifting a beer to my mouth or extreme channel flipping but actual physical activity.

My hope is that exercise will become a habit for me once again and that, after 30 days of working out, I will want to continue exercising at least 5 days a week for 45 min to an hour.  That is the goal anyway.  I am going to try and incorporate swimming, running, cycling (at home) and rotate in some of my dvds as well.  For tonight, I am thinking about riding the bike and doing some stretches...maybe some hula hooping as well.

I'm hoping regular exercise will jump start my energy supply cuz I feel like I've been running on empty for the last couple of weeks.  I am exhausted all day long, no energy, just feel completely drained lately.  I am wondering if the good ole thyroid is acting up again and I'm contemplating heading to the endocrinologist to get all my levels checked out since my regular doc only does the TSH to check my levels.  I may just do it anyway just to find out since I haven't seen an endocrinologist since we lived in Chicago. 

Of course, some of the tiredness could be from my diet as well.  I suppose cake, ice cream and other treats aren't the best for stimulating the metabolism :)  Alright, time to do some cycling!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck with your 30 day challenge!

pro said...

Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.