Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Karate 101

In order to add spice to my exercise regimen, I decided to try out some karate classes.  I used to take Tae Kwon Do back in my college days, albeit for only a year as it got to be too expensive at that time, and I figured now is as good a time as any to get back into it. 

Tonight was just a short 20 minute lesson where I learned some basic blocking, kicking and punching moves but I had a blast the whole time.  I love the discipline of the martial arts, the history, and the punching and kicking of course!  I decided to sign up for their trial course, which is 3 lessons, and then I may become a regular member.  I love that this is a life long art form and one can continue learning and growing over the years.  Did I mention the punching and kicking?

As for my 30 day challenge, I must admit that I did take yesterday off.  I just wasn't feeling the whole exercise thing and didn't even have the desire to bike or hula so I said screw it and just enjoyed the evening.  If I can keep it to just the one day, I figure that's not so bad.

Time to find some grub to eat!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I took karate as a kid for a couple of years and I loved it! The punching and kicking definitely rule!