Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Key is Movement

Today is Day 4 of my 30 Day Challenge and I can say it is so far, so good.  I have been able to get myself to do some type of exercise each day without throwing a temper tantrum so I consider this progress.

Day 1 consisted of the hula hoop and my exercise bike; Day 2 was a nice long walk with Wilson; Day 3 was similar in that I went on another nice, long walk; and today I rode my exercise bike for an hour, did the yard work (including mowing the lawn-kinda fun!), cleaned the patio area, and then went roller blading.  My legs and lower back are a bit sore now so I must have done something worthwhile!

My biggest obstacle is telling myself that I don't have to do a typical exercise routine in order to count each day as actual exercise.  Mowing the lawn burns a great many calories as well as a long walk with Wilson or even hooping.  The key is movement.  I am better off moving around doing tasks around the house than sitting on the couch with the remote.  Also, with the weather being absolutely fantastic lately, I am excited to get out there and enjoy it. 

That doesn't mean that I won't continue to incorporate the typical exercise routines into my schedule, such as running, swimming, an exercise class, etc...rather I will learn to feel like I have accomplished my goals from the other types of movement as well.

On a different note, my brother's girlfriend went into labor today and I should be an auntie again real soon!  So excited, especially since the buggers refused to learn the sex of the baby so I swear the suspense is even greater than normal! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good job so far on your challenge!

Card Counting said...

Logical question