Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back to Running

This past week, I have decided to dust off and lace up my running shoes in an attempt to get back into running once again.  I ventured out for a quick run on Wednesday and Thursday night and both went fairly well with me doing about 3 miles each day.  Although it was humid, it being evening and the sun already set helped keep me somewhat-not really-cool but it was at least tolerable.

The same could not be said for this morning's run.  The goal was to get up around 630 and get my run done before the sun came out but I didn't make it out until around 830 or so.  It was hot and so friggin humid I could barely breathe.  The humidity is bad enough but that sun overhead was the icing on the cake.  But, at least I got through my three miles, albeit a wee bit slower than I would have liked. That's ok though cuz at least it's done!

I do think I'll have to either get up earlier or wait till the evenings for these runs cuz it's just too miserable out there for me when the sun is out. At least for the next three months or so until the temps (hopefully) cool down again.  At least there was an iced coffee to look forward to afterwards!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am amazed that anyone can exercise in this weather. I am dying in the house trying to clean it. I stepped outside to help Ryan for about 2 minutes in the yard today. Too much for this preggo.

Jess said...

I slogged through the same humidity this morning and it was terrible! It was about 7:30 am when I went out, but I doubt that mad emuch of a difference. Yucky.