Wednesday, November 23, 2011

C'mon 3pm

It’s Thanksgiving eve and all through the office not a coworker is stirring cuz hardly anyone is here….except me of course. I am just patiently waiting for 3pm to arrive so I can boogy on out of here and head home for Thanksgiving. We are keeping it pretty low key this year and just doing a Thanksgiving with the neighbors this year but can’t wait to get my hands on some deep fried turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie!



Along with the poor saps who have to work retail on Black Friday, I too have to be back at work on Friday as well, which is fine with me. Yeah a four-day weekend would be great but due to our wedding, I’ve only worked 8 days this month so I think I can handle it; that and it will be super quiet in the office so maybe I can get some work done.


As for the weekend, I think we may put up some decorations in the house this year but nothing extravagant like in previous years. I’d like to pull out all the Christmas movies again and maybe do some light shopping as well…probably not too much cuz I loathe crowded malls and department stores. Thank goodness for online shopping!


Hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving with lots of good food and great football!

2 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Glad you can be festive and thankful even during this stressful time. Life throws some major curve balls, doesn't it?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Crystal said...

Thanks Shannon! Yes, life sure tries to shake things up now and then but, as everyone has said, things happen for a reason so we shall just see what happens I guess.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!