Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekend Recap

Weekend recap and Thanksgiving as well that is...so our Thanksgiving was pretty low key this year.  We made a deep-fried turkey and some sides and headed over to the neighbors house for a great dinner.  Everything was delicious and I ate tons of food along with some samplings of cherry, pumpkin and pecan pies.  The rest of the day was spent enjoying lots of football and relaxation, which is all I could manage to do after all that food.

Friday was back to work for me, which I always think is such a waste since nobody really works anyway seeing as over half the office is gone but what can you do.  Still can't believe they made us stay till 5pm, first time in the 5 years I have worked there that we haven't gotten out early. Brian and I went out for some good pizza and rented Bridesmaids.  Awesome movie!

Saturday was cleaning day so I spent the majority of the day doing the weekly chores, laundry and "supervised" Brian while he put up the outside decorations. Today I put up all our indoor decorations and all that is left is to pick out a tree and get that decorated.  It's beginning to look like Christmas!  I think we also get the joys of watching both the Vikings game and the Bears game, which is a rare occurrence here in south Florida so looking forward to some midwest football.  Hope everyone had a lovely weekend as well :)

2 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

We got our tree and lights up too. It does make it feel Christmas-y. Glad you had a nice weekend.

Erin said...

This was the first year my place of employment gave us Friday as a holiday. I have always wondered why were open since 99% of the population is off or out shopping. I usually took it as a vacation day because work was a ghost town. Sorry to hear you had to work.

We got our tree up without decorations last night. I will spruce it up today and save Miller a few decorations to put up. His interest in fluffing the branches was lost after 30 seconds last night so I doubt he will be sad he missed hours of tree trimming.

We will have to drive by to check out the lights. I keep bugging Ryan to put some up. We go super lame and only do our bushes out front. One year I want to Griswald the other trees and house.