Thursday, December 29, 2011

40 before 40

As many people know, I am list maker.  I love to-do lists and goal lists and have also created my bucket list so it should come as no surprise that I have come up with my 40 before 40 list.  Many of these items are taken off the bucket list and then there are some small ones sprinkled in here and there...things I've always wanted to do but usually forget about when I have the spare time to do them. So, with a solid six years to go, I feel I can make a big dent in this list.  There may be times when I do some editing as time passes, but for now this will do. It's never too late to start!

40 before 40
1. Take surf lessons
2. Get scuba certification
3. Take pole dance classes for one month
4. Learn a new language enough to carry on a simple conversation
5. Write a novel
6. Reach and maintain my ideal goal weight
7. Take a trapeze class
8. Get certified as personal trainer
9. Weekend trip to Las Vegas
10. Go white water rafting
11. Have a baby
12. Forgive past wrongs
13. Swim with dolphins
14. 2 week trip to Italy
15. Travel to Australia
16. Run a marathon
17. Enjoy an expensive champagne, i.e. Dom Perignon or Cristal
18. Get a professional pedicure (that's right, never had one before)
19. Cross country vacation
20. See the musical Wicked
21. Have a drink at each “country” in Epcot in one day
22. Hot air balloon ride
23. Throw a hotel birthday bash
24. Learn to knit
25. Host a costume party
26. Buy a REALLY EXPENSIVE pair of shoes or boots
27. Buy myself something from Tiffanys
28. See the Nutcracker
29. Plan a 5 year wedding anniversary bash
30. Complete the 100 push up challenge
31. Zipline baby!
32. Create wedding scrapbook (coffee table book is done)
33. Complete 4 half marathons
34. Establish 3 family traditions now that we are married (New Year's day steak/lobster dinner; midnight mass on Christmas)
35. Try eating mussels or oysters (1/25/12)
36. Eat at 5 of the food locations featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives
37. Become active in my community
38. Be able to do 5 pushups while in a handstand pose
39. Run a race/raise money for the American Cancer Society
40. Throw a kick-ass 40th birthday party!

There is also a 2012 Goal list in the making. See, I really am a list-loving girl.

2 comments:

Jess said...

#38 would be impressive! I know my brothers used ot be able to do handstand push ups -- it used to be a cool party trick!

Good luck with the list!

Agate Lake Girl said...

That's a great list. Makes me think I should start one myself!