Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Hint of Gratitude

In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, sometimes we let the mundane aspects of life take over. We go through the motions, focus on the negative things that happen to us, and forget to remember all the good things that are in our lives every day. With the holidays here and Christmas fast approaching (which reminds me, I need to start shopping), I find myself thinking of things I am grateful to have in my life already. There are many that are big and small…here are some I can think of right now:


1. my loving husband

2. my wonderful family

3. Wilson

4. my ipod, or else I’d never be able to run longer than 1 mile

5. a nice home, clothes, food, all that good stuff

6. good friends

7. living in the U.S. where there are endless possibilities

8. clean water and fresh air

9. cupcakes. Lots and lots of cupcakes

10. iced coffee

11. shiny things

12. scary movies

13. smart phones

14. being able to have received an education

15. Morgan and Xander

16. hugs

17. weekend trips

18. post-it notes. they are totally awesome

19. Lots of laughter

20. health and happiness

It’s the little things that count in life. Sometimes we just need a little reminder to be grateful for what we have in life instead of constantly looking for more to come our way. Even with life’s little curve balls, life is good.

3 comments:

Jess said...

That's a good list! Santa would be pleased.

Diana said...

Great list. Very true that we focus on the negative or what we don't have. It is a good exercise to remember all that we have to be thankful.

Erin said...

Cheers to the great list and reminder of what good things we have in our lives!

BTW, it's 8am so that cheers was with an OJ in hand; no vodka.