Friday, January 6, 2012

5 Things Friday

1. Tomorrow I am re-starting my skinny bitch exercise/food regimin. I allowed myself to take the first week off of January cuz it always seems to be too much effort to start right away on January 1st and, well, I just didn’t want to. But, after a week of eating whatever I want and exercising via the remote only, my body is telling me it’s time to grab those healthy habits again.


2. I think Wilson also needs to go on a 2012 slim down as he had way too many tasty treats over the holidays and I think it’s going to be a shocker when I put him on the scale again. It’s so funny to watch him though. As soon as I put the scale down, he walks a circle around it and puts his front paws up on it, then looks at me to help him sit down properly. Such a good boy!

3. We have been having glorious weather here in south Florida. Highs in the 60s and 70s and lows in the 40s-50s, one day it even dipped to 38. I love this cool weather and look forward to enjoying more of these cool temps on a regular basis. Hooray for less humidity! One would think this would have motivated me to get out there and run but, alas, this is not so. I have gone out for a few walking excursions so that’s something.

4. I need to go clothes shopping. Due to wedding planning and expenses, I basically didn’t buy anything not related to the wedding for the past year or so. I could use some new goodies, not to mention the fact that I pretty much only own open-toed shoes and flip flops, which is not going to cut it in NC. Maybe some shopping will be in order next weekend.

5. To cut my hair or not…that is the question.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Shopping! If you want a partner in crime, let me know. I would love to hit a few stores.

I am always the "to cut" supporter. Give yourself a fresh start for the new year (nothing too drastic but a few inches will feel healthy).

I have actually stuck to my change of habits resolution. It's a challenge but I agree, your body eventually tells you when it's time to get off the couch.

Erin said...

PS-my word verification was "dawaiste". I thought it as clever.

Jess said...

I'm with Erin: Cut! Cut!

I need a cut too, but haven't gotten around to it lately.

Scooter too probably needs to diet as well, but it's hard with two kids feeding him all the time. And that greedy dog steals food right out of their hands as well.