Friday, January 27, 2012

Clearly it was meant to be...

Wednesday was my last day of work. Besides a few good coworkers, I really wasn't sad to go and enjoyed finishing up my last-minute things, passing off any remaining files, and clearing out the remainder of my desk. In my exit interview, I wished my bosses farewell and told them I would keep in touch, stating I am curious to see how everything turns out with our latest projects and to get updates on what everyone is doing down the road. Then I said all my goodbyes and left without any regrets.

Yesterday, while we were in the middle of the packing and moving process, one of my coworkers sends me a message. She tells me that they just got out of an office meeting whereby they were told the office is going to be shut down in a few months and everyone is out of a job. Wow. Talk about timing being everything. Clearly, us taking on this new move to Charlotte was the right thing to do and I am even more certain we are making the right move at this time.

I guess things really do happen for a reason.

6 comments:

Erin said...

I think you guys are going to love the new location. The original timing seemed cruel but it looks like things are falling into place. I expect to see a similar post about how it was a good thing the original house fell through and you rented to find a better spot. Best of luck!

Jess said...

Wow, that is fortunate timing!

Crystal said...

I am definitely looking at it as the right decision. On to new adventures...the mountains are waiting for me!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

WOW, that is nuts!!! Talk about good timing. That sucks for all your old coworkers though. Good luck with the move!

Crystal said...

Yeah I hope they all land on their feet ok. I am hoping with it being a huge company they can find something within. Its crazy :)

Agate Lake Girl said...

That's unfortunate for your co-workers, but at least now you know you don't have to look back. So excited for your move. Can't wait to hear about your new adventures!