Monday, January 9, 2012

Let's get organized!

I was sitting on the couch watching House Hunters International yesterday (p.s. I want to live in Italy and Paris now) and was thinking that I could really use a project right now. Yes, I could make weight loss a project but that’s never ending and I hate to put that much emphasis on one goal. Plus, I would like these projects to be short, monthly things I can do and accomplish to show my awesomeness throughout the year.


So, this morning I decided this month’s project will be dedicated to organization. With a pending move, there is obviously a lot of packing and prepping involved in getting things together. As I was going through the kitchen, I came across an entire drawer full of miscellaneous recipe books, copies of recipes from the internet, magazines, etc. that are all just piled into the drawer with no organization at all. So, I am going to put all the loose recipes into a binder with tabs and the whole works. This way, I can actually find things when I want a new recipe. I’ve already cut out all the recipes from the mags I want to keep and now I just need to organize them into categories and put the book together.

After that, I need to tackle the office cuz there is a lot of organization to be done in there! I am also going to start up my recipe Sunday for new recipes. Hopefully I’ll even include pics with them. Last night I made homeade pizza with side salads. The pizza turned out great, although I would’ve used an airated pan instead of a regular one for a crisper crust.

So, that is the plan for the rest of January: find organization in the chaos.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love House Hunters International!! I think this is such a great project! I did this two weeks ago during time off and it felt so good!! Now I just gotta keep it that way, ha!

Jess said...

My mom always said that the best way to really clean the house is to move! Good luck with the organizing!

Erin said...

The recipe binder is helpful. The hard part is continuing to use it after its done. I have been slacking and have a drawer full of clippings again. If you get bored, I can show you where it is. :-)