Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New race possibility

Originally four of us girls had planned to do the Disney Princess half marathon in February this year, but as circumstances have changed, I will not be able to attend this one, although I do love running the Disney races. So, I have been looking for a race to sign up for to keep me motivated to run and keep running this year and I think I found one. I am eyeing up the Charlotte half marathon in April as my first attempt of the year. I haven’t signed up for it yet since I just found out about it last week, but I am definitely keeping it in the back of my mind. I didn’t run races last year and noticed how much less mileage I ran overall, so I think this is just the ticket. It’s also great to see how cheaper these other races are from Disney. You can do 3 races for the cost of one of theirs.


So that’s my tentative plan. I won’t sign up until we have moved up there and gotten settled to make sure I have enough time/effort to train. With job hunting, house hunting, packing, moving and all that jazz, I may end up looking for a later option. Decisions…decisions…

4 comments:

Erin said...

You haven't given us a move date...have you set one yet? From what you posted, April sounds doable but waiting until you are settled makes more sense.

Crystal said...

Yeah, I think April is pretty doable..if I actually start running this month :)

We don't have a definite date yet, still working out all the details so kind of in limbo right now.

Charbelle said...

I've been following for a while but usually read out of reader and can't comment from work.
I've run that Charlotte 1/2 route, honestly it's a mean route, the hills hurt. I actually dropped down to the 10K b/c while that route was hilly it wasn't as bad as the 1/2 route.
If you have time to train for hills then it's totally do-able.
If you have questions about Charlotte let me know, I'm a native.

Crystal said...

Thanks! That’s good to know because I haven’t run hills since my high school days in MN. I am not sure I’d have enough time to get used to them before race day, especially this month still being in flat-land Florida.

I may take you up on that offer for the down-low on the Charlotte area. I have never been there before but am excited about this new adventure!