Thursday, January 12, 2012

Off to NC

At the ass-crack of dawn tomorrow, we are heading up to Charlotte to look for a house. I am looking forward to getting away for the weekend and getting a chance to explore our new location as I’ve yet to visit North Carolina so I’m pretty excited to see what the area looks like. It’s too bad we didn’t know about this sooner cuz I would have totally tried to sign us up for House Hunters to look for a house. We could have seen three lovely homes, analyzed each one and decided how much bang for our buck we could get out of each, how much renovations would be needed and the costs associated with each, and then sat down with theme music in the background while we made our decision. Oh, how lovely that would have been!


Guess we’ll just have to settle for my own theme music and ponderings. As long as we find a nice house with a fenced yard in a good neighborhood, I think we’ll be happy. Can’t wait to do some exploring of the local scenery as well. It should be a great weekend! I think I’ll try some fried pickles…I hear they’re delicious there.

5 comments:

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Good luck! That would be hard to pick up and move to somewhere you've never lived before, and buy a house quickly to boot! We took a long time buying our house but that's because we already lived in the city we were buying in :)

Jess said...

Are you guys looking to buy a house right away or are youlooking for a rental at first?

Either way, enjoy the hunt and have a good trip!

Erin said...

Good luck on your search! I am sure there is at least one more requirement...a nice garage for Brian to play in. Wilson gets the yard with the fence. What do you want? I can't wait to hear stories/see pics.

Crystal said...

We are looking to rent for at least the first year or two. Since we don’t the area at all, we don’t want to jump in and buy right away. Hopefully within 2 years we can look to buy whereever we want. I’ll definitely be taking lots of pics so will post when we return.

P.S. Erin I would love a magnificant kitchen and a sweet master bath.

Agate Lake Girl said...

Take lots of pictures for us!