Wednesday, January 18, 2012

weight loss wednesday

To me, the universal sign of weight gain isn’t the scale’s number but my clothes. When the clothes start feeling snug and uncomfortable, I know it’s time to do something about it. I’ve been happily coasting on holiday fumes for quite some time now, enjoying junk food, cake, ice cream, highly caloric coffee beverages, etc. and I think I finally reached my fill this past weekend.


The clothes are snug.

Junk food doesn’t sound good anymore.

The exercise bike looks inviting to me.

Yep. I think that’s my sign that it’s time to get back on an exercise/food plan and see where it takes me. Last night I started out with 35 minutes on the exercise bike and some sit ups. Tonight I’d like to do one of my exercise videos and maybe do some running this weekend as there is a half marathon I am eyeing up in Charlotte in March (which means I’d better start running).

I’ve also found a few gyms for us to check out when we get settled and a kick-ass bootcamp that I’m sure I’ll be checking out as well. There are definitely plenty of options, now it’s up to me to make it happen. I figure 30 minutes a day is not too much to ask for right now so that’s my plan until things settle down.

Baby steps…

1 comment:

Jess said...

Clothes are usually my measure of weight-comfort. It was a bit of a shock after my winter break to put work clothes back on (instead of the strechy pants I'd worn basically all break) and discover they were all a tad snug!