Friday, February 17, 2012

Five for Friday

  1. I am going to be an Auntie again! Found out my sister is pregnant again and is due in September. Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl. Yay!
  2. I am looking forward to going back to work but will miss my daytime court shows i.e. Judge Judy, The People's Court and Judge Mathis. It cracks me up what some people will sue for on these shows.
  3. I see Jen Lancaster is coming out with another book soon. Can't wait till I can read it. Her sarcastic humor makes me giggle.
  4. Speaking of books, anyone have some good suggestions? I am running low on my supply and could use a couple new ones. I was contemplating The Hunger Games...Shannon, you've read them, right? What did you think?
  5. I wish I had my crock pot. All this chilly weather makes me want to cook comfort foods and bake cookies. Guess I'll have to settle for pizza and cupcakes instead. Mmmm...I can live with that. :)

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love Jen Lancaster!!! She is hilarious! I would suggest anything by Emily Giffin or Tori Spelling's bios. Such fun reads!

Jess said...

Congrats about #1! That's fun.

As for Lancaster's new book, I feel dubious about it since it's a novel, and I'm not sure how she'll fare with fiction. Still, Laurie Notaro pulled it off, so I'm willing to give Lancaster's novel a try.

The Hunger Games -- the first novel is awesome! The other two? Eh. I thought the 2nd book was "okay" and the 3rd virtually unreadable.

Crystal said...

Jess-I've read Lancaster's novel and it was ok but she has a new bio coming out in May of this year called Jeneration X. I think this one might be pretty good!

Erin said...

Ummm, due September. Did someone have a little too much fun at your wedding? J/K! Congrats to your sister (and you!).

Agate Lake Girl said...

I loved the Hunger Games series. #1 is awesome (I think I like it almost as much as Twilight). #2 is very good. #3 is okay, but a little disappointing. With the movie coming out, you should definitely read the first one! :)