Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

  • Patience is a virtue I haven't quite mastered yet. I have applied to several jobs in the last week or so and waiting to hear from these firms/companies is brutal! Although I enjoy having some time off to do other things, it's always nice to know you have a job to head back to in the near future. I am sure things will all work out in the end, but the waiting game is frustrating.
  • I started last week off well with exercise and eating right. I hit up the gym in our complex, have taken many walks, and did some exercise tapes-yoga is my go-to video lately-and then managed to take off Sunday for some Superbowl eats and Monday, well, just because.  Today I am getting back on the wagon and going to do a video and take Wilson for a power walk.
  • Speaking of Wilson, he sure is loving his walks every day and can't wait for his trips around the complex. It's pretty chilly these last couple of days but he loves it. He's already down almost 2 pounds so I can't complain about that.
  • Being home has me flipping through TV channels and I have rediscovered my love for daytime court shows such as Judge Mathis and Judge Judy. Those two crack me up and it's hilarious what people will try to sue for on these shows.
  • We are still house hunting but have found some great ones we hope to look at this week, so I am hoping we have something locked down soon.  Although our current place is nice, I will be happy to have my own furniture and the rest of our stuff back.
  • Last but not least, it's friggin cold out today! There was actually frost on the windshields this morning. We were spoiled with warm temps last week and now we are feeling some real winter temps here. Let's face it, it's not MN winter temps, but after several years in FL, these chilly days take some getting used to. It is nice to expand the wardrobe to long sleeves, pants, and socks though.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Glad house hunting is going well, your house is out there!

I haven't mastered patience yet either:)

Jess said...

Waiting is tough for anyone. Hang in there, something will fall into place for you soon!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Good luck with both the job hunt and the house hunt! Moving is such a big transition but it sounds like you're handling it really well! Hopefully you'll be all settled soon.