Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Recap

Well, we had a pretty laid-back weekend here in NC. Friday night we went out to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse and I some steak and lobster, followed by a huge apple crisp dessert that was scrumtastic! Thank goodness Brian and I decided to split one...they are definitely "shareable" desserts.

Saturday we ran some errands in the a.m. and then headed to the mall for some much-needed shopping.  Now that I have landed a job, it felt like a good time to update my wardrobe. It's always good to have an excuse to go shopping! This mall is wonderful and has all the good stores, including a few treasures from the Midwest..I didn't know Maurices was still around! I think I got 6 tops for work, 3 pairs of dress pants and a couple t shirts. Next up will be jean shopping and shoe shopping but I may hold off on that for a few weeks. We ended our shopping excursion with a bite to eat at good ole Chili's.

As for yesterday, it was a pretty lazy Sunday. The weather went from beautiful 60's and sunny on Saturday to dreary and rainy on Sunday, so we watched a few movies and enjoyed some chill time.  When it was time to take Wilson for his evening walk, I noticed it was snowing outside. Now that's something I haven't seen for many years, so Wilson and I enjoyed a nice walk in the snow. It didn't last too long and the remnants are long gone already, except for the ice on the hood of my car, but the temps are supposed to return to the low 50s today so I'm sure it won't take long to melt. And of course we ended the evening watching The Walking Dead on TV. Can't miss that!

So that about sums up our weekend. How was yours?

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Yum steak and lobster is a great start to the weekend!!

Jess said...

You can't beat a weekend of shopping and eating!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Maurices and snow - definitely a midwest weekend! :)

Erin said...

I was successful in my shopping spree too. I have a few more items I need but at least I didn't come home empty handed. :)