Sunday, March 4, 2012

Antiques and Trails

This weekend we managed to get out of the house and enjoy the area a bit.  On Saturday, we headed over to a big antique show they do in the area once a month.  I think we spent a good 3 hours there looking at all the antiques and collectibles.  I found a bunch of great items that I wanted but settled for just a couple of them. We picked up a cute wine style chalk board for the kitchen to go with the rest of our wine items and also a beautiful white distressed wood mirror that I may put in either the dining room or office. It is beautiful and I can't wait to head back for some more pieces next month when the show arrives again.  I love shabby chic design and am trying to design some of the new place on this concept.  It's always fun to shop for new stuff! I'll have to take a picture of it to post once we are moved in.

Today was pretty low key. We had a nice breakfast at home and hit the trails with Wilson in the afternoon. I think we managed 3 miles before turning around and heading home, which is pretty damn good for the puggle.  This evening I made a nice pork chop dinner and am enjoying a glass or two of wine and waiting on The Walking Dead to start. Oh yeah, and packing since we are moving in our new place tomorrow.

So, that sums up our weekend adventures. Can't wait for moving day tomorrow and finally getting our stuff back. You really learn to appreciate your things when you don't have them! Once we are settled, maybe I'll get some pics of the new place up on here as well. Until then, hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I saw the pic Brian posted on FB of the new pad -- it looks awesome!