Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Staying in the Moment

Most people who know me know that I have this Bucket List. It has gotten so big that it should almost be in all caps: THE BUCKET LIST. It seems to have gotten that ominous at this point. I glance at it every now and then and review what's on there. Sometimes I change or alter something that is no longer important to me, and sometimes I add more items. I was reviewing it the other day, trying to decide what I want to accomplish next...there are so many choices! I would love to start at one end and keep going to the other end but there is a bit of reality that slaps me in the face: this list is EXPENSIVE.

Many of the items on the list require travel, money, and time away from work that I don't have access to right now. Although it frustrates me at times, I am trying to get myself to stay in the moment and enjoy the little things right now. Exploring the areas around me, taking lots of pictures, and working on the things that are free and less time-consuming. I don't want THE LIST to become another to-do list I feel I have to do. I want it to be full of wonderful things I want to do...when the time is right. Until then, I will enjoy this lovely glass of red wine and prepare for the new season of Deadliest Catch this evening. That's good enough for me tonight.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Thought of you when at Pier 1 the other day. They had a ton of cute Eiffel Tower items (candle holders, knick knacks, etc.). If you get a chance, take a spin through and see if you can find any good deals.

Crystal said...

That's awesome, I'll definitely have to check that out. I could use some knick knacks :-)

Jess said...

You highlight the very reason I've never made a "bucket list" -- I don't want life to feel like items I'm just checking off. It's tough (and a tad cliche), but I do think that being mindful of the moment and learning to savor life's everyday aspects is one of the richer ways to enjoy it.