Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was pretty laid-back in the Stachowski household. Saturday turned into a project day, where we did some of the little things around the house we hadn't gotten around to yet, such as putting together two new dressers for the master closets, hanging pictures, putting up all our ceiling fans, and putting up some mirrors, etc. In the evening, we relaxed by watching Real Steel, which turned out to be a pretty good movie. The premise reminded me a lot of Over the Top with Sylvester Stallone, not a bad movie for a rental.

Today we went out for a great breakfast at a local diner, picked up my rocking chair for the porch (yay!), did some more household chores and Brian tackled the lawn. I hit up the bookstore, a second-hand bookstore, for some great deals and picked up Julia Child's book, My Life in France, which I am enjoying so far. Now, we are just enjoying the evening before another work week approaches. I must say, these weekends go by way too fast!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Isn't it nice to get some of those chores done? (Ryan finally re-caulked the bathtub!) Too bad you don't get a weekend after the weekend to do nothing but enjoy the clean house and new items.

Jess said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! You'll have to post some house pics soon!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

love going for breakfast..just came across your blog!

Agate Lake Girl said...

I agree with Mrs. Pancakes, I love going out for breakfast. It's one of my favorite indulgences!