Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bringing Sexy Back

Cue Justin Timberlake's song....

I have been a sloth for long enough. Although I have made a few attempts at getting back into the workout groove, those attempts have been few and far between. This has resulted in a slight weight gain since our arrival here in NC nearly 4 months ago. Unacceptable!

It's time to start eating healthy again.
It's time to start exercising regularly again.
It's time to start using that new gym membership.
Or as Jen Lancaster said so eloquently in Such a Pretty Fat, it's time I stop sweating while I eat.
It's time to bring sexy back. She's been hibernating for way too long.

I could give you reasons for this need for change such as " I want to feel healthy again; I want to live forever; and I want to be stronger but I will be honest and state the truth: I am vain. And based on the title of this post, my vanity wants to be sexy again. Yes, all that other healthy, good for my body stuff will be an added bonus and I will love the added bonuses of my efforts, but seeing as I'm not getting any younger, the bottom line is that I want to get back to my prime shape while I still can do it and enjoy it. All the other stuff is icing on the cake.

Mmmm...cake....

Focus! Okay, so as I was saying, it's time to get back in the saddle and reach my weight loss goal. I would like to lose 50 lbs by December 31st. Hopefully, even with the thyroid, I can reach this goal if I stick to my guns and stay away from the bakery. Here's to a new start on the weight-loss wagon. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck!

Crystal said...

Thanks! Hopefully this time it sticks. At least there is some good running weather here right now.