Thursday, May 31, 2012

Travel Bug

Because moving wasn't enough travel for me...

One of my good friends just hopped a flight to Frankfurt, Germany today for a "last minute" trip to Europe. Well, I would like to hop a plane for a quick trip too! Where's my ticket? While some people enjoy new stuff such as new tablets, iphones, clothes, cars, etc., I prefer to travel anywhere I can possibly go, especially if it takes me to another country, which unfortunately doesn't happen all that often,(apparently you need lots of funds and a very understanding boss for this kind of lifestyle). I should also place some of the blame on House Hunters International as I tape many of their shows to watch and find new places I would love to visit.

Here I sit thinking about all the places I would love to visit. Some of my top choices would be Paris, Italy, Argentina, Iceland, Costa Rica, South Africa, and Spain. There are many more,  but these are at the top of my list right now. If I truly had my wish, we would live abroad for 6 months to a year in another country to truly experience a different culture and lifestyle, but I don't see that option on the horizon..at least not any time soon. Maybe in those retirement years...

Instead, I shall just have to enjoy my little outings here for the time being. We have a trip to Chicago in July and Minnesota in August. We are also hoping to go somewhere for our anniversary in November, maybe a cruise of some sort. We haven't really looked too much into it right now. As for other travel, there are still numerous places to visit in North Carolina that have yet to be explored as well as many places in the U.S. I still want to see. The travel bug will be fed, just maybe with more local cuisine for the time being.

4 comments:

Erin said...

If you cruise in November out of FL, you better tack on some time to hang out with us. :-)

Jess said...

Be a flight attendant, like my SIL, she hops on international flights all the time! Of course, the pay and scheduling SUCKS, but there is the travel...

Crystal said...

Yeah i have to say no with that one Jess. I have to take dramamine to fly now and i'm sure that would get old fast. guess i just need to win the lottery (oh and play it) :)

Tina said...

I could spend my life traveling and have been fortunate enough to go to some amazing places since my husband is Scottish. Once you are over there, it's easy and inexpensive to go to other countries.

Keep looking forward to the trips you do have planned and dream about the ones to come. Chicago is my favorite city in America!