Monday, May 7, 2012

The weekend here was pretty low-key for us. On Friday, we got to enjoy a nice visit from our good friend, Mark, who was here for the week for a trade show. It was great to catch up over dinner and drinks. We miss you Florida guys!

Saturday was basically a clean house kind of day. I cleaned up the kitchen, did the laundry and some other random household chores. We grilled out for the evening with some awesome chicken bratwaursts and side dishes and watched J. Edgar Hoover and Rum Diary. Both were pretty good movies.. I liked the first one cuz I love learning about the FBI and the Rum Diaries had Johnny Depp. Enough said there.

As for Sunday, I relaxed and caught up on many of my reality shows such as Bethenny Ever After and the Real Housewives of Orange County and New Jersey. Good times! Plus there was some good book reading on the deck. I finished, in the water they can't see you cry by Olympic swimmer Amanda Beard. It was really interesting to read how someone that strong and dedicated can have some much going on in their mind that can tear them down. A great read and right in time for the summer Olympics.

Today it was back to work. I must say, it is so nice to work in a normal workplace again. I forgot what that was like after my last place. My coworkers are normal and everyone does their own work and carries their own weight, such a change!  As for this evening, I have to wrap my niece, Morgan's birthday gift for her party this weekend....3 years old already! She's already riding a bicycle and is getting a pet fish from my sister so it's an exciting year for her! After that, maybe some reading on the deck and a little TV time.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Sounds like a good weekend!

Riding a bike at 3 is dang impressive! Norah can't even really ride her trike -- she doesn't quite grasp pedaling.

Crystal said...

I am guessing it has training wheels but i was still pretty impressed with her. Cant wait to see pictures when my sis uploads some. Right now she is obsessed with cupcakes and is having a giant cupcake cake for her bday. Just like her auntie!

Erin said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! I was about to comment riding a bike at 3 is pretty impressive too. You will have to tell us the pet fish's name.

Crystal said...

I was just informed that she named them Mama, Goldie and Puddin. I am lovin Puddin :)

Lindsey said...

Are you loving RHONJ?! I'm so addicted!:)

Crystal said...

Totally love it! So much drama and Theresa is crazier than last year. Love it!