Thursday, June 21, 2012

Go Big or Go Home

I am not a runner. At least I wouldn't call myself one. Yes, I've ran some races...some 5k's, a couple 10k's, and even the Disney Princess half marathon in 2010, but I wouldn't call myself a runner. A swimmer yes, but not a runner.

So, what better way to make myself become a runner than this?



That's right! I have just signed up for the big race in January, the Disney marathon. Since I did my first 10K there (Disney Wine and Dine), as well as my first half marathon, I might as well complete the marathon at the happiest place on earth. Plus, it's an excuse to head to Disney again!

With 201 days to go, I guess that means I need to find a training program. Once the anxiety of this decision wears off...

3 comments:

Jess said...

Good luck with the training! Enjoy.

I hear they've changed the marathon course, and I don't know what the changes entail exactly, but I can say that training in NC will be to your advantage since you have hills to run on there. Disney advertises itself as flat, but it's not -- all those on ramps on the highways are hilly!

Erin said...

Oh boy-January seems so far away but it's really just around the corner. Good luck!

Crystal said...

I know! I think as long as i start strong and keep up a program I can handle it. I hope!