Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekly Recap

Such a beautiful Sunday afternoon here in the queen city area, although it's pretty damn hot out there, but the skies are a bit overcast so it takes away some of the heat at least..that and I'm currently in the house so it really doesn't matter that much right now.  It's been a long week since I last had a chance to post a bit, but nothing really exciting was going on during the work week, just a whole lot of work.

I stayed late for overtime on Monday-Thursday this week, getting home around 730 at night, which doesn't leave much time to get a whole lot done in the evenings. I have been doing well on the exercise front by riding my indoor bike and taking Wilson for walks but could really use some good workouts of 45 min or so instead of just a half hour. The biking I usually do in the morning and I just can't get up before 530 since I go to bed around 1130 in the evenings. Yes, I suppose I could go to bed earlier but I am just not tired before 11 anyway so what's the point. Friday I went in early for work so I could leave on time and we enjoyed a nice evening at home plus a Sonic run for some ice cream.

Saturday was a good day. I was up with the birds at 6 am...really? So, I watched some House Hunters and exercised before finally getting my hair cut after 7 months of ponytails. I had the hairdresser take off 4 inches so now it's just below my shoulder blades with some long layers in the back and it feels so much better! Then Brian and I went to a small car show in our area before heading down to Charlotte for the Taste of Charlotte. We had a bunch of good food...my kind of thing since you can sample so many different small portions of things. I had an excellent sea bass cake with coleslaw and chipotle sauce (my favorite), pork and brisket sliders, an excellent sangria drink, an oyster on the half shell (bucket list item) and ended with some delicious cupcakes of course. After we finished our afternoon adventure, we spent some time at the mall and finally made our way home for an evening of tv time and Chinese food.

Today has been a home day with laundry, some house cleaning and reading.  A nice, relaxing day to enjoy before heading back to the work schedule next week. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sounds like things are going smoothly!