Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Late Weekend Recap

We kept pretty busy this past weekend. Friday night we went out for dinner at Quaker Steak & Lube where I had the best cupcaketini ever! A pink martini with sprinkles...sheer awesomeness.  After a great dinner, we headed home for some movie time and relaxation. 

Saturday started off with a trip to the vet for Wilson. He was not a happy camper to get poked and prodded. The vet here was way more thorough and knowledgeable than our FL vet. This guy was the doggy guru, although from the looks Wilson was giving him, I don't they will become friends anytime soon.  After that, Brian and I enjoyed a fun afternoon at the Renaissance Festival.  It's great that it's located about 15-20 minutes from us and was such an awesome set up.  I always enjoy watching the Washing Women, belly dancers, glass blowing demonstrations, the jousting, and the food of course! We ate our share of goodies and the weather was perfect for it. Plus, we had coupons and got in for half price. Good times.

Sunday consisted of finishing up household chores, movie watching and football, of course. I have yet to see a Vikings game but what can you do. At least they are kicking butt so far...knock on wood.

The weather is cooler this week, which has been nice and we've even had to turn on the heat for the last couple of evenings.  This weekend we are heading over to the Ashville area and I hope to get some great pics of the changing leaves. It's been years since I've seen it first hand and it should be beautiful up in the mountains. Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love the Ren Festival. It's tradition and every year we still say "Hey lady, you lost your tail," on our way in, courtesy of the drunken FL crew letting a poor teenager know her tail fell off. I believe it was Polich who said it but I could be wrong.

Post some fall pics. I miss fall so much. Love it when the leaves change with a hint of chill in the air.

Saw the cupcaketini pic on FB. Looked yummy!

Jess said...

Ah, Ren Fest -- the perfect place to perfect the art of axe throwing! That and eating giant pickles.

I would love some fall too: Send some our way!