Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mid-Week Day Off


Both Brian and I took the day off today to enjoy one of life's greatest pleasures: the DMV. After 8 months of living here, we finally decided to get our driver's license, as I do not like to rush into these things too quickly. That and we both had just purchased our new FL tabs not long before we moved so I was getting my money's worth out of that first!  Unlike FL, we had to take the written test again, so we did a quick review of the book last night and both of us aced it...having taken this in every other state I've lived in except FL, I'm pretty familiar with the book other than each state's own quirky laws.  We were in and out in under two hours so it was a pretty painless experience. Once the licenses come in, we can get our vehicles registered (no one stop shop here) and then we'll be all set.

After that, we ate at a great sandwich place where I had french onion soup and a french dip-scrumtastic-followed by some errands before I went and got my hair done did with some nice highlights and a trim.

Now I just need to figure out what to do for dinner and then relax and catch up on some shows. Even though it was still a busy day, at least I wasn't at work!

3 comments:

Jess said...

The bigger question is: Did they take a decent picture for your license?

Crystal said...

I won't know for another 10-15 days...the suspense!

Agate Lake Girl said...

You should have got your fixed and then got your picture taken! :)

I have to get a new photo next year. I'm dreading it, because I love my old photo.

Jon just got his new photo with his hunting beard!