Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Tidbits


  1. The heating element in our dryer went out yesterday I was drying clothes with no heat. It takes for-ev-er. It probably would have been quicker if I just put up a make-shift clothesline in the back yard and let nature dry them but, with only a 3-4 foot high fence, I find that idea a tad bit tawdry. So, I guess I'll just enjoy the never-ending hum of the dryer until it can be fixed. At least, as a renter, we don't have to fix it.
  2. Other than the dryer fiasco, it was a pretty good weekend. The weather is perfect right now so we took advantage on Saturday and drove to the mountains for some pics of the beautiful leaves. There was definitely more changing color up there than here...we still have green everywhere (not complaining) but I think we could've waited another week or so for brighter colors. I'll have to upload those pics in the next couple of days. Fall colors or not, the mountains are beautiful.
  3. I got to change my hours at work and instead of working 830-530 with an two-hour commute round trip (on a good day), I now work 7-4 with just over an hour commute round trip. It's amazing what beating that dreaded rush hour can do for saving time and sanity.
  4. Brian decorated the outside of the house for Halloween and it looks pretty dang good. I'll have to get some pics of that, too. We have tombstones, ghosts, a scary pumpkin guy and a goblin here and there. Just giving the neighbors a glimpse of how we roll....wait till they see our Christmas display!
  5. I've been on a s'mores kick. And I totally cheat when I make them. I get my plate, put down the graham cracker, chocolate and marshmallow, and then nuke them for 20+ seconds in the microwave till the marshmallows blow up, then out they come for their graham cracker top hat. So yummy and they taste so good in the cool weather.
  6. Lastly, I have had to refrain from running this past month. If you recall a couple years ago, I mentioned the problem with the joint in my right foot. Well, apparently the drugs from my injection have worn off cuz that baby hurts once again. So, I have decided not to do the marathon in January and will hopefully do a different race later down the road, probably after another visit from the doctor. It's disappointing but that's life, I guess.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! I am in some serious fall need. I hope to see a few leaves when in Chicago this week for work (even if it's just as I pass them on the highway).

I make rice krispy treats in a similar fashion. Bowl of marshmallows, dab of butter, blow them up, add rice krispies, and eat out of the bowl. Shh...don't tell.

Jess said...

Too bad your foot injury resurfaced. Did Disney let you defer your entry or sell your bib? That's a big entry fee to eat!

Sounds like new work hours a big improvement. Nothing makes a person crazy like sitting in traffic!

Crystal said...

Jess-I haven't checked things out with disney yet but I'm hoping i can exchange it for a different race next year. I'll have to check that out sometime soon.

Erin-Love the rice krispies. We have the same love for mashmallows!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Rylee is quite the s'mores fan so we use the micro technique a lot!

Wish we could drive by to see your Halloween display! Pics please!