Thursday, January 31, 2013

The End of January? Already?

So, it appears this year is already racing by like a freight train. Feels like the new year just started and now we are already finishing up the first month. I figured it would be a good time to review how this month went in terms of accomplishments.

Well, for starters, I finished reading 12 books for January. At this level, I should have no problem completing my 52 book goal for the year, although I do think my reading will taper off once a full-time job reappears in my life.  Might as well enjoy the extra reading hours while I can!  I also started doing some creative writing short stories and have completed two of them so far.  I found a website that has a list of over 100 scenarios to write about so for the last two days I've picked one of topics and started writing.  Kind of a fun way to get the mind turning and much more productive than endless hours of tv.

Wilson has been on several walks, sometimes two a day, so he is a happy camper.  I've also done a few longer walks on the trails when the weather has been nice. Lately it's been a roller coaster...yesterday it got up to 72 degrees and today it's in the high 40's/low 50's.  Still better than those sub-zero temps back in MN! As for other exercises, I've been on the exercise bike a few times and did a couple exercise videos sporadically throughout the month. I am hoping I can get into a better routine in February.

Speaking of February, I've decided on a couple monthly goals: I am giving up the McDonald's coffee for the month and going to try and do the 30 Day Shred dvd too (well, for 28 days anyway). Other than that, it will be more job hunting, more long walks and hopefully a fun activity here and there.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Erin said...

That McDonald's iced coffee sounds heavenly right now. I can't believe how fast the month went either. Crazy how time flies the older we get.

Anonymous said...

Thіs is very fascinating, You're an overly skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and sit up for searching for more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared
your site in my sοcial nеtworks
Feel free to surf my web-site loans for bad credit

Anonymous said...

Haѵe yοu еveг cοnѕiԁered about adԁing a little bіt more than just your articles?

Ι mean, what you ѕay іs fundаmentаl аnԁ аll.

Hοwevеr ϳuѕt imagine if you аdded somе great photоѕ oг vіdeοs to give уour
posts more, "pop"! Your сontеnt іѕ eхcellent but with piсѕ and videο сlips, this site сοuld undeniаbly be one of the most beneficial in іts niche.
Ѕupeгb blοg!
My website: loans for bad credit

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it ;) I
will return once again since I book-marked it.

Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to
guide other people.
My web blog ... Diet Plans For Women To Lose Weight