Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

  1. My plan for the year is to read 52 books. Well, I have just started my 10th book yesterday and it's only January so if this pace keeps up, I don't think I'll have a problem meeting this goal. Of course it's much easier to get in a lot of reading when you're not working, which I'm sure will change soon enough.
  2. I've also been hard at work getting Wilson down to a getter weight range. With a change in food type and amount, as well as twice daily walks, he has slimmed down 5 lbs in the last few months and is only 3 lbs from a healthier weight. At least one of us is meeting our weight loss goals!
  3. As for my exercise plans, I have been taking it easy due to the foot issue, which I have no patience for at all, and been sticking with my exercise bike and Wilson's walks. I may start adding in some yoga since I have Jillian Michaels' yoga video since that is not too strenuous. Hopefully, I can get back into some more cardio exercises in the next month or so. I'd like to start doing the 30 Day Shred again.
  4. I love HGTV and DIY network and have been watching a lot of house projects on tv lately, along with my personal favorite, House Hunters International.  Since I have the time, I feel like doing some house projects here and there. Being renters, there is only so much we can do with the house itself, but some little touches here and there might be a nice change...and keep me busy!
  5. Anyone see the new show on Fox called The Following? We watched the first show last night and it was excellent! Having met Kevin Bacon several years ago, I always have a soft spot for all films or shows he is in so I was excited for this one. This looks like it is going to be a good show, although since it involves the story of a serial killer, it does have a lot of graphic scenes in it but not too gory since it's on Fox.
  6. Still addicted to McDonald's coffee. One of my 30 day goals is to give it up for a month. I think I might pick next month since it's the shortest. :-)


Until next time....

3 comments:

Jess said...

I've read about "The Following," but haven't seen it. It looks like might be too scary for me.

10 books in 3 weeks is pretty impressive. I don't think I've ever read that volume at that pace!

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely inspired along with your writing skills and also with the structure in your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it's uncommon to peer a nice blоg like this one theѕe days.
.
Also visit my homepage - loans for bad credit

Agate Lake Girl said...

What's the story with meeting Kevin Bacon?! I'd like to hear that. :)