Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday Favorites

Fitness magazine. I enjoy the success stories, new recipes and different exercise ideas they give. The only downfall is the magazine only publishes 10 times a year instead of 12.

Sipping wine on the patio. There's just something peaceful about enjoying a glass of wine outside after a busy day.

Trail hiking. Probably one of the best reasons to live here in NC is there are actual hiking trails near my house, not to mention all trails one can hit in the mountains, which are only about 1-2 hours depending on where you're going.  Walking through a forest surrounded by nature will always beat the concrete slabs of sidewalks in my book!

Speaking of books, these are always a favorite for me.  I could spend an entire weekend enjoying a good book or two.  Looking forward to Jen Lancaster's new book coming out next week. She's always a fun one to read.


Swimming. My zen workout.

And let's not forget ice cream! My two favorites are banana cream pie blizzard from DQ and cake batter ice cream with M&Ms from Cold Stone.

~What is your favorite magazine, product, or thing to do?

2 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

If you're a fan of cake batter flavor, I found an easy cookie recipe that uses a yellow cake mix. The cookies keep that cake batter flavor. Yummy!
1 cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
Mix any chips, nuts, other goodies you want
Stir
Make into dough balls
Bake at 350 (less than 10 minutes probably)

Crystal said...

This sounds delicious! Definitely going to have to try it!