Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Shakin Things Up


I don't know if it's because summer is right around the corner (ok, it's pretty much here) or if I'm just bored and need a little shake up but I'm feeling like making some changes around here. Since my foot injury, I haven't been very diligent with that whole working out concept and am thinking it's time to get back on the bandwagon again. Truthfully, other than a couple times on the bike, some dog walks, and swimming, my days have been mostly devoid of exercise. Now that the days are warmer and the nights are longer, it just feels like a good time to get physical. Cue Olivia Newton-John...


Picture courtesy of fanpop.com

Okay, maybe not the leotards and tights but you get the idea.

Second, I feel like a new hairstyle or color is in order. I haven't cut my hair in about 9 months so it definitely needs a trim, maybe even some layers, and I was thinking of adding some highlights or just changing the whole color scheme. This can be a bit more tricky because of all that pesky chlorine I swim in weekly, but I think I can work something out.

Lastly, I could use a good summer challenge or goal to work towards for the next 3 months. Maybe a push up or sit up challenge, running challenge, something to get me motivated. Or maybe something like this?

 tough mudder pics


 
Hmmm....it's a possibility.
 
 Although something else I've been checking out is right up my alley and I'd have over a year to prepare...
 
 
with this swimsuit of course  haha!
 
So, basically I am looking to shake things up a bit and try to break out of my rut a bit. How about you? Any plans for this summer or fun activities you are planning to do? 
 
 


5 comments:

Erin said...

Don't show Norah that swimsuit!

Get a fun cut. I would avoid any drastic color changes with the chlorine but see what the stylist says.

Agate Lake Girl said...

I hear leotards and leg warmers are making a comeback. Just saying... :)

Crystal said...

Erin - It kind of is an awesome swimsuit, isn't it? It could be my power suit. I can see why Norah would love it too!

Shannon - I remember my leg warmer days...that and pinned jeans. Hope those don't make a comeback too.

Jess said...

Yup, Norah would LOVE that suit! She's WAY into Wonder Woman right now, and has a Wonder Woman towel (that even velcros like it's a cape! totally rad) and WW goggles. She just needs the suit to complete her swim getup! Well, that, and the Lasso of Truth.

Have fun with shakin' it up! I need a haircut too.

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness she totally needs the swim suit to complete her outfit! I bet Jerry could find a good Lasso of Truth somewhere