Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Weight Loss Edition



Summer's here again! Crap...I forgot to get in shape and lose weight before it arrived. Dang it!  Another winter's worth of good intentions down the drain.  Looks like I'm going to have to start getting all healthy and shapely with the heat and humidity. I suppose sweating can only help in the long run, right?

I've been on again-off again with the whole exercise-eating healthy plan.  As is typical of so many, I get myself fired up, do really well for about 2-3 weeks, and then remember that cupcakes are a gift from the heavens, and I'm back to warming my butt on the couch and catching up on the Real Housewives Whatever edition.

I'd like to say this time will be different. That I have a new desire to get in shape that will keep myself motivated and constantly in motion for the near future, but that's just not realistic. So, I'll just say that I'm going to get back on the exercise bike, start doing some morning or evening runs again, and maybe dust off that yoga dvd and see what happens.  I'd like to say being in a swimsuit every week should be motivation enough but we wear sleeveless shorty wetsuits so no skimpy suits to worry about. Score!

2mm Women's Roxy SYNCRO Short Jane WetsuitOoh la la!!

So much better than just a swimsuit and much warmer when you're teaching for several hours on end. However, it would be nice to drop a couple sizes and find my biceps and triceps again so I'll give this whole exercise thing another chance.  To help keep me accountable, I am going to try and give weekly weight loss editions to map my progress. Maybe even pictures of my strongs when they finally make an appearance.


4 comments:

Jess said...

Just getting caught up. I didn't even know you were back to blogging, so I had a few posts to read!

Glad you're back; it's fun to see what you're up to! Good luck with the second job -- we could use YOU as a swim instructor! I've got two very eager little guppies who start new lessons next week and have been dead-set on spending each and every day in the pool so far this summer.

Crystal said...

It's good to be back. I'd love to teach the little ones some swim skills if we were still down there. I could have a pretty big class with all the kids now!

Tiffany said...

See, I'm not the only one who enjoys reading your entries!

Crystal said...

Thanks Tiff...always nice to hear :-)