Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Demon Colds and Stress Fractures

The title basically states what I’ve been dealing with lately. The body has taken a hit in the health department and I have been just going through the motions with work until I can get home and rest a bit. Since starting swim lessons, I am on my third cold in two months. This latest one I have named the demon cold as it is definitely the cold from hell sent to take me down for the count! I’ve been miserable for about 5 days with this one and hopefully I can kick it in the next couple of days cuz I have no time for these shenanigans!
 
As for my foot, I had a follow-up appointment with the doctor and he was not impressed with my lack of progress…or me showing up wearing flip flops (which he previously banned). So, as punishment, I received the dreaded boot to wear for the next month to see if that will quicken the healing process. This way I can still teach lessons since it’s non-weight bearing, but the rest of the time I’m stuck in this stupid thing. Hate. It. So. Much. I guess it’s better than a cast, though.
 
Other than that, the weekend was pretty low key. We both worked a bit on Saturday and then chilled at home for the rest of it. Those quiet weekends are always nice and I was able to get a lot of reading done on the patio so bonus for me!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ugh, summer colds seem to be the worst. I hope this stretch of sickness is over for you soon. And I so can feel for you with the boot thing. I was in one for 6 weeks and then could only wear tennis shoes... and my foot still hurts so I am going back to the doctor tomorrow and fully expect to be back into the boot (sob).

Jess said...

You're around kids a lot now; expect to be sick a lot now! Kids exist so viruses have hosts. Good luck.

As for the stress fracture, I'm not surprised you have gotten the boot, but I'm sure that's gotta suck! I've never had that injury, but a lot of runners experience it at one time or another, and they always end up in boots too! All I know from reading about others' experiences is that the more closely you follow dr's orders, the sooner it'll heal!

Again, good luck!

Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry to hear about the ickies and the boot!